Our Properties Listing
- - Fixed Wifi Internet
- - Portable Internet
- - Netflix
- - Domestic TV
- - Linens & Towel
- - Hangers
- - Iron & Ironing board
- - Hairdryer
- - Shampoo & Soap
- - Heating
- - AC
- - Washer
- - Kitchen
- - Fire Extinguisher
- - Safety Kit
- - Smoke Detector
- - Torches
Aki House is a recently renovated traditional Kyoto house located in a peaceful setting just to the west of the Kyoto Imperial Palace, owned by the current caretaker of the nearby Raku Art Museum.
The first floor has a comfortable, modern dining and kitchen area overlooking a Japanese rock garden and a separate entertainment room. Both bedrooms on the second floor have tatami flooring and designer double beds.
The house is located in a quiet residential neighborhood with very friendly locals. The area features many old houses, some of which have been converted into small cafes and restaurants.
A short walk will take you to the Imperial Palace and the classic Nishijin locale with beautiful traditional architecture and quaint streets. A 30 minute walk will get you to the historic Kitano-tenmangu Shrine and UNESCO World Heritage listed Nijo castle.
Kyoto is a truly wonderful city full of culture and history. So much so, that it might be hard to know where to start. We highly recommend allocating at least 4-5 days to explore and enjoy the town, and even then you will be left wanting more!
- Floorage: 79 sqm
- Accommodates: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- Beds: 2 doubles
- Extra bedding: sofa bed
- Bathrooms: 1
- Restrooms: 1
- Check-In: Between 4PM and 9PM (request from neighbors)
- Check-Out: 10AM
- Property Type: Private House
- Automated self check-in
- Comprehensive access and check-in details provided post-reservation
- All properties come with complimentary fixed wifi, portable wifi and Netflix
- A comprehensive manual will be provided to cover the use of all utilities, and also recommended sightseeing itineraries, convenient transportation and our favourite dining and drinking options
- The latter can be reserved via our complimentary reservations service to ease any language concerns
- No smoking (due to wooden construction)
- May not be safe or suitable for small children
- Maximum 1 child under 12 years old, no infants under 4 (contact us for exceptions)
- Check-in after 4pm and before 9pm (request from neighbors)
- Due to the residential nature of the neighborhood, considerate usage is requested such as keeping noise to a reasonable level in the evenings and when traveling to and from the property
- Other rules such as those to limit damage to the house are listed in the house manual
Access / Local Transportation
530B (West-side) Kodo Nishi-machi, Kamigyo-ku Kyoto-shi, Kyoto-fu 602-0959
- 5.1km to Kyoto JR Station (1700 yen by taxi)
- 900m to Imadegawa Subway Station (5 stops from JR Kyoto Station) and 2 stops (Karasumaoike) to the centre of Kyoto
- Nearest bus stop: 3 mins walk
- 5 mins by subway or taxi to hundreds of fantastic dining and drinking options
- Nearest convenience store is 3 mins walk
- Recommended method of enjoying the town is by foot or bicycle (nearest bicycle rental shop details available)
It is really a fantastic stay in Kyoto. The host is very nice and easy to communicate. Location is convenient with subway nearby. The house is extremely clean and comfortable. Highly recommend to family want to experience local life. I will choose the house again if visit next time.
颖 - February 2017
What a GREAT way to experience Kyoto! Beautiful traditional Japanese house very well equipped and spacious. We had such a wonderful time staying there . Wonderful hosts that provided us everything we need!! The house is located in a lovely quiet neighborhood few minutes walk from the station with everything you need close by. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!
Gilad - February 2017
Had an incredible stay at Aki House. The hosts were wonderful and provided a very comprehensive guide book to make everything easy and seamless. Came with three other friends and we all agree we would definitely consider staying here again when returning to Kyoto. There were also lots more amenities than we've been used to in our travels in Japan. All around had a lovely stay. Highly recommended for travelers and groups of friends.
Michael - February 2017