Our Properties Listing
Guest House Links
- - Fixed Wifi Internet
- - 65-inch TV
- - Netflix
- - Domestic TV
- - Linens & Towel
- - Hangers
- - Iron & Ironing board
- - Hairdryer
- - Shampoo & Soap
- - Heating
- - AC
- - Kitchen
- - Fire Extinguisher
- - Safety Kit
- - Smoke Detector
- - Torches
Guesthouse Links is a renovated, reincarnation of a long standing traditional Japanese Guesthouse. In keeping with traditional Japanese style, rooms are cozy and bathroom facilities are shared.
The Guesthouse is conveniently located, within walking distance from Kyoto Station (15 mins) and a few minutes walk from the major Kawaramachi Gojo intersection which has frequent busses to take you around town. A short walk will take you to Keihan Gojo Station, Keihan Shichijo Station (express to Osaka) as well as Gojo Subway Station.
The classic Kiyomizu Temple is within walking distance from the guesthouse and the neighborhood has two public bathhouses at a few minutes walk. The delightful Kamo River can be reached in a few minutes, which is a lovely route to take when walking up town.
The first floor has a large living and entertainment space (where you can socialize with other guests), a large modern kitchen, bathroom, shower, restroom and sink. The second floor has two more restrooms and four guest rooms, while the third floor has three guest rooms plus one large family room with bedding for four.
Kyoto is a truly wonderful city full of culture and history. So much so, that it might be hard to know where to start. We highly recommend allocating at least 4-5 days to explore and enjoy the town, and even then you will be left wanting more!
- Floorage: 95 sqm
- Accommodates: 16
- Private Rooms: 7
- Beds: 13 futons, 1 double bed
- Living Sapce
- Shower rooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 1
- Restrooms: 3
- Check-In: Anytime after 4PM
- Check-Out: 10AM
- Property Type: Guest House
- Automated self check-in
- 5 Double Rooms with Shared Bathroom and Toilet: 2 single futons
- 1 Economy Double Room with Shared Bathroom and Toilet: 1 semi-double futon
- 1 Family Room with Shared Bathroom and Toilet: 1 double bed + 1 double futon
- Comprehensive access and check-in details provided post-reservation
- All properties come with complimentary fixed wifi, portable wifi and Netflix
- A comprehensive manual will be provided to cover the use of all utilities, and also recommended sightseeing itineraries, convenient transportation and our favourite dining and drinking options
- The latter can be reserved via our complimentary reservations service to ease any language concerns
- No smoking in the building
- May not be safe or suitable for infants (Under 2 years)
- Check-in anytime after 4pm
- Due to the residential nature of the neighborhood, considerate usage is requested such as keeping noise to a reasonable level in the evenings and when traveling to and from the property
- Other rules such as those to limit damage to the house are listed in the house manual
Access / Local Transportation
EN : 232-3 Takamiya-cho,Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto-shi, Kyoto-fu 600-8123
- 1.4km to Kyoto JR Station (700 yen by taxi)
- 900m to Gojo Subway Station (1 stop from JR Kyoto Station)
- 5 mins to Keihan Kiyomizu Gojo
- 7 mins to Keihan Shichijo (Express to Osaka)
- Nearest bus stop (Kawaramachi Shomen) is 3 mins walk
- 5 mins by subway or taxi to hundreds of fantastic dining and drinking options
- Recommended method of enjoying the town is by foot or bicycle (nearest bicycle rental shop details available)
A guest house that is worth living once! As a person who used only hotel, this is my first time staying in a guest house. It was much better than what I expected. The guest room and interior facilities were kept very cleanly and there was not inconvenience at all. There is also a stream near the house and catching fireflies there was so great.
YOUNGMI - May 2017
Warm shared house, nice living room, hot instant water in the shower, WiFi connection always working well. Couldn't ask for more.
Andrea - March 2017
Real Japanese atmosphere and the fragrance of new tatami. Good public bath nearby.
Angus - 22 March 2017