1 sofa bed
Haru House is a newly renovated traditional Kyoto house located in a peaceful setting just to the west of the Kyoto Imperial Palace, owned by the current caretaker of the nearby Raku Art Museum.
The House has two bedrooms (one with flooring and one with traditional tatami) on the second floor, both fitted with comfortable double beds. Downstairs is a spacious dining area overlooking a Japanese rock garden, a modern kitchen area with wooden flooring, and a separate entertainment room with a semi double sofa bed atop tatami mats. The bath/shower room is newly renovated and is separate to the toilet facilities.
The Imperial Palace and classic Nishijin locale with beautiful traditional architecture and quaint streets, are both within walking distance. Thirty minutes walk will take you to the historic Kitano-tenmangu Shrine and UNESCO World Heritage listed Nijo castle, making Haru house the perfect base for your Kyoto stay.
The house is a non-smoking property. We request the smokers do so just down the street from the property.
Kyoto is a truly wonderful city full of culture and history. So much so, that it might be hard to know where to start. We highly recommend allocating at least 4-5 days to explore and enjoy the town, and even then you will be left wanting more!
- Comprehensive access and check-in details provided post-reservation
- All properties come with complimentary fixed wifi, portable wifi and Netflix
- A comprehensive manual will be provided to cover the use of all utilities, and also recommended sightseeing itineraries, convenient transportation and our favourite dining and drinking options
- The latter can be reserved via our complimentary reservations service to ease any language concerns
- No smoking (due to wooden construction)
- May not be safe or suitable for small children
- Maximum 1 child under 12 years old, no infants under 4 (contact us for exceptions)
- Check-in after 4pm and before 9pm (request from neighbors)
- Due to the residential nature of the neighborhood, considerate usage is requested such as keeping noise to a reasonable level in the evenings and when traveling to and from the property
- Other rules such as those to limit damage to the house are listed in the house manual
Access / Local Transportation
530A (East-side) Kodo Nishi-machi, Kamigyo-ku Kyoto-shi, Kyoto-fu 602-0959
- 5.1km to Kyoto JR Station (1700 yen by taxi)
- 900m to Imadegawa Subway Station (5 stops from JR Kyoto Station) and 2 stops (Karasumaoike) to the centre of Kyoto
- Nearest bus stop: 3 mins walk
- 5 mins by subway or taxi to hundreds of fantastic dining and drinking options
- Nearest convenience store is 3 mins walk
- Recommended method of enjoying the town is by foot or bicycle (nearest bicycle rental shop details available)
By staying in this house for three nights, we had a chance to experience what it is like living in a traditional Japanese house. It was great, very comfortable and clean. It was a very quiet neighbourhood and we had to walk about 10-15 minutes from the nearest station but we enjoyed the walk as it brought us thru some local shops and restaurants. Along the way, many cyclists would pass us. It is this kind of experience that we love. Not just sightseeing and city views but also what the locals do daily. Thank you for giving us this chance to experience it!
Priscilia - June 2017
Absolutely delightful traditional house with all the facilities one could wish for. A few steps from the Imperial Gardens. A great place to relax and discover Kyoto.
Ian - April 2017
By far the biggest property we have stayed on. It was a last min booking as the other accommodation fail to tell us the hot water system was not working for the duration of our stay. By stroke of luck we found haru house 3 mins away the place was spacious and feel like home and very comfortable with everything a family would need.
Thedangster, (AU) - March 2017