- - Fixed Wifi Internet
- - Portable Internet
- - 55-inc TV
- - Netflix
- - Domestic TV
- - Linens & Towel
- - Toothbrush Kit
- - Hangers
- - Iron & Ironing board
- - Hairdryer
- - Shampoo & Soap
- - Heating
- - AC
- - Washer
- - Kitchen
- - Nespresso
- - Fire Extinguisher
- - Safety Kit
- - Smoke Detector
- - Torches
Enjoy a memorable visit to Kyoto at Momo Stays, a newly renovated house located in a peaceful setting just 7 mins walk south-west from the major JR Nijo Station. The colorful renovation is the work of celebrated local architectural and design firm, Prime Property.
Momo Stays is a two storey house with a bedroom and toilet on each floor, both separate from the bathroom. The upper bedroom has one double and two single beds separated by a screen, while the first floor bedroom has a double bed.
The second floor features a living room with a spare sofa bed, as well as a large modern kitchen and dining space. The property is family friendly and smoking is permitted in the garage.
The house is located in a quiet residential area, right in the centre of Kyoto City, with easy access to all four corners of Kyoto, particularly the extremely picturesque Arashiyama district with the world famous bamboo forest. As an added bonus you are just a short walk away from Nijo Castle. There is also a nice selection of local restaurant options (detailed information available).
Kyoto is a truly wonderful city full of culture and history. So much so, that it might be hard to know where to start. We highly recommend allocating at least 4-5 days to explore and enjoy the town, and even then you will be left wanting more!
- Floorage: 93 sqm
- Accommodates: 5
- Bedrooms: 2
- Beds: 2 doubles, 2 singles
- Extra bedding: sofa bed
- Bathrooms: 1
- Restrooms: 2
- Check-In: From 4PM
- Check-Out: 10AM
- Property Type: Private House
- Comprehensive access and check-in details provided post-reservation
- All properties come with complimentary fixed wifi, portable wifi and Netflix
- A comprehensive manual will be provided to cover the use of all utilities, and also recommended sightseeing itineraries, convenient transportation and our favourite dining and drinking options
- The latter can be reserved via our complimentary reservations service to ease any language concerns
- No smoking in the house (smoking is allowed in the garage)
- Check-in after 4pm
- Due to the residential nature of the neighborhood, considerate usage is requested such as keeping noise to a reasonable level in the evenings and when traveling to and from the property
- Other rules such as those to limit damage to the house are listed in the house manual
Access / Local Transportation
8-27 Nishinokyō Higashigekkōchō, Nakagyō-ku, Kyōto-shi, Kyōto-fu 604-8422
- 5km to Kyoto JR Station (1,500 yen by taxi).
- 7 mins walk from JR Nijo station (2 stops on the local train from JR Kyoto Station).
- 5 mins walk will get you to the bulk of major transport options around town including JR train, Subway, a major bus station and the Eiden tram line to Arashiyama.
- Unlimited bus rides are available for 500 yen per day.
- Nearest convenience store is 3 mins walk and there is a 24hr supermarket 8 mins walk from the house.
- Recommended method of enjoying the town is by foot or bicycle (nearest bicycle rental shop details available)
If you are traveling by car, then look no further as the property features free onsite parking!
Perfect location well connected to Nijo Station. Everything was great! From the booking to the arrival, all the information and instructions inside the house, well done! All very clean, pocket wifi was a plus, it's 8 minutes walking to Nijo Station that can be used with JR Pass, big supermarket behind the property. All Perfect!
Victorgarrido, (ES) - June 2107
Shiki's place is absolutely amazing. We had an awesome stay here. It was short but worth every minute we stayed in Kyoto. The place is super clean, the beds are incredibly comfortable and the PDF manual is fantastic. Incredibly helpful. Great directions... I wish more people put an effort in like this for their guests. Japan was an amazing experience for me and I'm thankful to have stayed at Shiki's place.
Justin - April 2017
Apartment was very clean, 5-10 min walk to the Nijo JR Station, very convenient Very organized, amazing hosts with detailed instructions re house appliances, sightseeing activities in Kyoto, supermarkets, restaurant suggestions, etc. Also extremely responsive via email.
Maria - April 2017