Our Properties Listing
- - Fixed Wifi Internet
- - Portable Internet
- - 50-inch TV
- - "NO" Domestic TV
- - Netflix
- - Linens & Towel
- - Hangers
- - Iron & Ironing board
- - Hairdryer
- - Shampoo & Soap
- - Heating
- - AC
- - Washer
- - Kitchen
- - Fire Extinguisher
- - Safety Kit
- - Smoke Detector
- - Torches
Natsu House is a newly renovated traditional Kyoto house (kyo-machiya) located in a peaceful residential neighborhood just 15 mins walk north of Kyoto Station towards the city centre. The renovation was performed by the celebrated local architectural and design firm, Prime Property.
The house has two separate bedrooms on the second floor with tatami matting, one with a double bed and the other with two single beds. All beds have incredibly comfortable mattresses to ensure a relaxed stay.
Downstairs is a dining/living area featuring a modern kitchen with wooden flooring in addition to a separate entertainment area (with a large TV plus Bluetooth stereo) and spare sofa bed. The bath/shower room is newly renovated and the toilet facilities are separated from the shower room.
The property is just minutes from the major Kawaramachi Street, and a short distance from prominent sightseeing spots such as world famous Kiyomizu Temple (2 km) and Nijo Castle (2.5 km), Natsu House is optimally located to get the most our of your visit to Kyoto.
The house is a non-smoking property. We request the smokers do so down the street from the property.
Kyoto is a truly wonderful city full of culture and history. So much so, that it might be hard to know where to start. We highly recommend allocating at least 4-5 days to explore and enjoy the town, and even then you will be left wanting more!
- Floorage: 67 sqm
- Accommodates: 5
- Bedrooms: 2
- Beds: 1 double, 2 singles
- Extra bedding: sofa bed
- Bathrooms: 1
- Restrooms: 1
- Check-In: After 4PM
- Check-Out: 10AM
- Property Type: Private House
- Automated self check-in
- Comprehensive access and check-in details provided post-reservation
- All properties come with complimentary fixed wifi, portable wifi and Netflix
- A comprehensive manual will be provided to cover the use of all utilities, and also recommended sightseeing itineraries, convenient transportation and our favourite dining and drinking options
- The latter can be reserved via our complimentary reservations service to ease any language concerns
- No smoking (due to wooden construction)
- May not be safe or suitable for infants (Under 2 years)
- Maximum 2 children under 12 years old (contact us for exceptions)
- Check-in anytime after 4pm
- Due to the residential nature of the neighborhood, considerate usage is requested such as keeping noise to a reasonable level in the evenings and when traveling to and from the property
- Other rules such as those to limit damage to the house are listed in the house manual
Access / Local Transportation
119 Nushiya-cho Shimogyo-ku Kyoto-shi 600-8182
- 1.4km to Kyoto JR Station (15 mins walk;800 yen by taxi)
- 300m to Gojo Subway Station (1 stop from JR Kyoto Station)
- Nearest bus stop (Karasuma Mujo) is 4 mins walk
- 5 mins by subway or taxi to hundreds of fantastic dining and drinking options
- Nearest convenience store is 4 mins walk
- Recommended method of enjoying the town is by foot or bicycle (nearest bicycle rental shop details available)
Very professional management, fully stocked amazing house. Tastefully decorated with very high quality mattresses, towels, etc. Full kitchen and great location.
Nazz - July 2017
Our stay in Kyoto was perfect, and one of the keys to that was Natsu House. The house is newly renovated and has all the amenities for a comfortable stay. The area is very quiet, and very close to many points of interest in the center and the surroundings of Kyoto station. I would recommend it to any group or family. We'll be back!
Miguel- January 2017
We spent 3 nights in the apartment Shiki and we particularly enjoyed our stay. The house is well located, easy to find and in a fairly quiet area. In addition to its location, the accommodation is pleasant, the bed is comfortable and the complete equipment. Thank you very much for this stay, if we go back to Kyoto, we will check if the accommodation is still available.
Sébastien - December 2016 (Translated from French)