1 D, 2 Ss
1 sofa bed
Natsu House is a newly renovated traditional Kyoto house (kyo-machiya) located in a peaceful residential neighborhood just 15 mins walk north of Kyoto Station towards the city centre. The renovation was performed by the celebrated local architectural and design firm, Prime Property.
The house has two separate bedrooms on the second floor with tatami matting, one with a double bed and the other with two single beds. All beds have incredibly comfortable mattresses to ensure a relaxed stay.
Downstairs is a dining/living area featuring a modern kitchen with wooden flooring in addition to a separate entertainment area (with a large TV plus Bluetooth stereo) and spare sofa bed. The bath/shower room is newly renovated and the toilet facilities are separated from the shower room.
The property is just minutes from the major Kawaramachi Street, and a short distance from prominent sightseeing spots such as world famous Kiyomizu Temple (2 km) and Nijo Castle (2.5 km), Natsu House is optimally located to get the most our of your visit to Kyoto.
The house is a non-smoking property. We request the smokers do so down the street from the property.
Kyoto is a truly wonderful city full of culture and history. So much so, that it might be hard to know where to start. We highly recommend allocating at least 4-5 days to explore and enjoy the town, and even then you will be left wanting more!
- Comprehensive access and check-in details provided post-reservation
- All properties come with complimentary fixed wifi, portable wifi and Netflix
- A comprehensive manual will be provided to cover the use of all utilities, and also recommended sightseeing itineraries, convenient transportation and our favourite dining and drinking options
- The latter can be reserved via our complimentary reservations service to ease any language concerns
- No smoking (due to wooden construction)
- May not be safe or suitable for infants (Under 2 years)
- Maximum 2 children under 12 years old (contact us for exceptions)
- Check-in anytime after 4pm
- Due to the residential nature of the neighborhood, considerate usage is requested such as keeping noise to a reasonable level in the evenings and when traveling to and from the property
- Other rules such as those to limit damage to the house are listed in the house manual
Access / Local Transportation
119 Nushiya-cho Shimogyo-ku Kyoto-shi 600-8182
- 1.4km to Kyoto JR Station (15 mins walk;800 yen by taxi)
- 300m to Gojo Subway Station (1 stop from JR Kyoto Station)
- Nearest bus stop (Karasuma Mujo) is 4 mins walk
- 5 mins by subway or taxi to hundreds of fantastic dining and drinking options
- Nearest convenience store is 4 mins walk
- Recommended method of enjoying the town is by foot or bicycle (nearest bicycle rental shop details available)
Amazing, in perfect condition, clean and in good location! 10/10 recommend! Pretty much everything, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and the house! Good location as well! Also loved there was access to Netflix and the portable wifi device came in super handy!
Cheyne, (AU) - November 2017
City holiday but live like a local in the heart of Kyoto Everything was pre organised super efficiently by the friendly hosts. The tea and coffee provided was fantastic and the wifi/entertainment was far better than at home. Even remote wifi is available which was very useful. Location is as good as it gets. Overall fantastic!
Florian, (HK) - October 2017
We loved the experience of living in a traditional Japanese house, yet with all modern conveniences. The property was larger than the photos showed and located in a very central place in Kyoto with easy access to amenities, cultural sites and shopping areas.
Christine, (US) - September 2017