Our Properties Listing
- - Fixed Wifi Internet
- - Portable Internet
- - 50-inch TV
- - Netflix
- - Linens & Towel
- - Hangers
- - Iron & Ironing board
- - Hairdryer
- - Shampoo & Soap
- - Heating
- - AC
- - Washer
- - Kitchen
- - Fire Extinguisher
- - Safety Kit
- - Smoke Detector
- - Torches
Sawaragi House is a stylishly renovated Kyoto house located in a peaceful residential neighborhood. The property is a product of the well-known local architectural design firm Kouei 《http://kouei-08.com》.
The house is 8 mins walk north of the UNESCO World Heritage listed Nijo Castle, as well as 1 km from the Imperial Palace and Kyoto International Manga Museum.
Sawaragi house has two bedrooms on the second floor with tatami matting, one with two futons and other with three futons. The futons all have additional mattresses to ensure you get a comfortable good night's sleep!
Downstairs is a kitchen area and living/dining room with stylish wooden flooring, as well as a spare sofa bed.
The bath/shower room is also newly renovated and there are toilets on both floors to save you a walk down the stairs in the middle of the night. Both restrooms are separate from the shower facilities.
The house is a non-smoking property. We request the smokers do so down the street from the property.
Kyoto is a truly wonderful city full of culture and history. So much so, that it might be hard to know where to start. We highly recommend allocating at least 4-5 days to explore and enjoy the town, and even then you will be left wanting more!
- Floorage: 58 sqm
- Accommodates: 5
- Bedrooms: 2
- Beds: 5 single futons
- Extra bedding: sofa bed
- Bathrooms: 1
- Restrooms: 2
- Check-In: Anytime after 4PM
- Check-Out: 10AM
- Property Type: Private House
- Automated self check-in
- Comprehensive access and check-in details provided post-reservation
- All properties come with complimentary fixed wifi, portable wifi and Netflix
- A comprehensive manual will be provided to cover the use of all utilities, and also recommended sightseeing itineraries, convenient transportation and our favourite dining and drinking options
- The latter can be reserved via our complimentary reservations service to ease any language concerns
- No smoking (due to wooden construction)
- May not be safe or suitable for infants (Under 2 years)
- Check-in anytime after 4pm
- Due to the residential nature of the neighborhood, considerate usage is requested such as keeping noise to a reasonable level in the evenings and when traveling to and from the property
- Other rules such as those to limit damage to the house are listed in the house manual
Access / Local Transportation
(Sawaragi-cho dori aburanokoji nishi iru) 234 Nishiyamazaki-cho, Kamigyo-ku, Kyoto-shi, Kyoto-fu 602-8036
- 4.6km to Kyoto JR Station (1500 yen by taxi)
- 850m to Marutamachi Subway Station (4 stops from JR Kyoto Station)
- Nearest bus stop (Horikawa-Marutamachi) is 3 mins walk
- 5 mins by taxi to hundreds of fantastic dining and drinking options
- 3 mins walk to the nearest supermarket
- Recommended method of enjoying the town is by foot or bicycle (nearest bicycle rental shop details available)
The whole place was an amazing slice of what you'd expect from a Japanese home, the neighbourhood is quiet and respectful. The setup of the house makes a ton of sense and it very accommodating.
Rollin, (US) - June 2017
This is a cool house, simple and perfect. While in a residential area, it is easy to get pretty much anywhere and it is close to the bus line and was easy to navigate in and out. We really enjoyed our stay here.
Bryan - April 2017
This house is fantastic! 10 minute walk from the train station. House is warm, super comfy, supermarket around the corner, big tv and Netflix if you fancy a night in. Great with kids and super responsive host. Have already recommended this house to a bunch of friends!
Steve - January 2017