- - Fixed Wifi Internet
- - Portable Internet
- - Television
- - Netflix
- - Domestic TV
- - Linens & Towel
- - Toothbrush Kit
- - Hangers
- - Iron & Ironing board
- - Hairdryer
- - Shampoo & Soap
- - Heating
- - AC
- - Air Purifier
- - Kitchen
- - Nespresso
- - Fire Extinguisher
- - Safety Kit
- - Smoke Detector
- - Torches
Sen House is a recently renovated traditional Japanese House with classic Japanese colors, tatami flooring and a lovely zen garden, situated in a quiet residential area. The main living area has tatami matting, and the property has a fully modernised kitchen area with separate toilet and bathroom facilities.
Sen House is a great choice for travellers interested in nature and scenery due to the convenient access to the extremely picturesque Arashiyama district with the world famous bamboo forest. The property is also conveniently located to enjoy the culturally significant northern Kyoto area, with sights such as Ryoanji and Kinkakuji Temple (2.6km from the house), Nijo Castle (2.2km) and Kitano Tenmangu Shrine (1.9km).
The space is most comfortable for a two person stay, although two additional futon sets are stored on sight. Smoking is not permitted in the property.
Kyoto is a truly wonderful city full of culture and history. So much so, that it might be hard to know where to start. We highly recommend allocating at least 4-5 days to explore and enjoy the town, and even then you will be left wanting more!
- Floorage: 38 sqm
- Accommodates: 3
- Beddings: 3 futon sets
- Beds: 2 doubles
- Extra bedding: 1 futon set
- Bathrooms: 1
- Restrooms: 1
- Check-In: After 4pm
- Check-Out: 10AM
- Property Type: Private House
- Comprehensive access and check-in details provided post-reservation
- All properties come with complimentary fixed wifi, portable wifi and Netflix
- A comprehensive manual will be provided to cover the use of all utilities, and also recommended sightseeing itineraries, convenient transportation and our favourite dining and drinking options
- The latter can be reserved via our complimentary reservations service to ease any language concerns
- No smoking in the house
- No children allowed (contact us for exceptions)
- Check-in after 4pm
- Due to the residential nature of the neighborhood, considerate usage is requested such as keeping noise to a reasonable level in the evenings and when traveling to and from the property
- Other rules such as those to limit damage to the house are listed in the house manual
Access / Local Transportation
15-6 Uzumasa Yasui Kasugachō Ukyō-ku, Kyōto-shi, Kyōto-fu 616-8062
- 6.8km to Kyoto JR Station (2,500 yen by taxi)
- 9 mins walk to Hanazono JR Station (4 stops from JR Kyoto Station)
- 900m to the nearest supermarket
- Recommended method of enjoying the town is by foot or bicycle (nearest bicycle rental shop details available)
The house is located in a residential area, which is good for people who want to experience the typical daily life in Japan. It's a well-equipmented traditional Kyoto house. Visitors can enjoy the relaxing atmosphere brought by tatami and the lovely little garden.
雅婷 - June 2017
Great privacy and access to public transport. The room is tidy, very home-like and with plenty of Japanese elements to it. It was definitely the best accommodation we had during our Japan trip.
Jono Hsia - April 2017
I like EVERYTHING of this house. This new house is very well designed and equipped. It is a traditional Japanese tatami style house yet equipped with modern facilities like LED TV, Panasonic audio system w/ bluetooth, Amazon TV stick, air cleaner machine, microwave, baker, etc. Very clean, cozy and convenient. Most importantly, it is very "beautiful". The finishing, furniture, the small garden give this aesthetic feeling. Staying in Sen House is one of my best experience in Kyoto.
麗華 - April 2017