Our Properties Listing
- - Fixed Wifi Internet
- - Portable Internet
- - 55-inch TV
- - Netflix
- - Domestic TV
- - Linens & Towel
- - Hangers
- - Iron & Ironing board
- - Hairdryer
- - Shampoo & Soap
- - Heating
- - AC
- - Washer
- - Kitchen
- - Fire Extinguisher
- - Safety Kit
- - Smoke Detector
- - Torches
Located in a peaceful setting just to the west of the Kyoto Imperial Palace, Yuki House is a newly renovated traditional Kyoto house. The house is owned by a neighboring resident and has been renovated by a well known local carpenter.
The house has two bedrooms on the second floor, both fitted with comfortable double beds. The space downstairs features a spacious dining and modern kitchen with wooden flooring, as well a separate entertainment room with tatami mats and a spare sofa bed. Overlooking the dining area is a lovely Japanese rock garden.
The bath/shower room is newly renovated and is complemented by two separate toilets (one upstairs, one downstairs). The house also features two small Japanese gardens.
A short walk will take you to the Imperial Palace and the classic Nishijin locale lined with beautiful traditional architecture and quaint streets. The historic Kitano-tenmangu Shrine and UNESCO World Heritage listed Nijo castle are a 30 min walk from the house.
The house is a non-smoking property. We request the smokers do so down the street from the property.
Kyoto is a truly wonderful city full of culture and history. So much so, that it might be hard to know where to start. We highly recommend allocating at least 4-5 days to explore and enjoy the town, and even then you will be left wanting more!
- Floorage: 81 sqm
- Accommodates: 5
- Bedrooms: 2
- Beds: 2 doubles
- Extra bedding: sofa bed
- Bathrooms: 1
- Restrooms: 2
- Check-In: Between 4PM and 9PM
- Check-Out: 10AM
- Property Type: Private House
- Automated self check-in
- Comprehensive access and check-in details provided post-reservation
- All properties come with complimentary fixed wifi, portable wifi and Netflix
- A comprehensive manual will be provided to cover the use of all utilities, and also recommended sightseeing itineraries, convenient transportation and our favourite dining and drinking options
- The latter can be reserved via our complimentary reservations service to ease any language concerns
- No smoking (due to wooden construction)
- May not be safe or suitable for small children
- Maximum 1 child under 12 years old, no infants under 4 (contact us for exceptions)
- Check-in after 4pm and before 9pm (request from neighbors)
- Due to the residential nature of the neighborhood, considerate usage is requested such as keeping noise to a reasonable level in the evenings and when traveling to and from the property
- Other rules such as those to limit damage to the house are listed in the house manual
Access / Local Transportation
530-2 Kodo Nishi-machi, Kamigyo-ku Kyoto-shi, Kyoto-fu 602-0959
- 5.1km to Kyoto JR Station (1700 yen by taxi)
- 900m to Imadegawa Subway Station (5 stops from JR Kyoto Station) and 2 stops (Karasumaoike) to the centre of Kyoto
- Nearest bus stop: 3 mins walk
- 5 mins by subway or taxi to hundreds of fantastic dining and drinking options
- Nearest convenience store is 3 mins walk
- Recommended method of enjoying the town is by foot or bicycle (nearest bicycle rental shop details available)
Traditional japanese house, very convenient and clean. Suitable for family and the place is exactly like in the pictures. The neighborhood also very nice and quite. Many thanks to Ryan and the Shiki team. Very recommended!
William - July 2017
Perfect house! Traditional Japan style, suitable for family trip. The house is same as the pictures, very clean. Householder prepared all necessaries we need, feel just like home. I will still choose this one the next time I go to Kyoto! Many thanks!
芯 - June 2017
We had a perfect stay at Yuki House, it was stunning and spacious with all our needs catered for. Great beds, beautiful contemporary and eco design and spotlessly clean. Daily coffee provided was a lovely touch from always available and hospitable hosts. Plus very helpful local recommendations!
Claire - February 2017
Beautiful home, easy accessibility to Kyoto sites. Correspondence was superb and the information given to us before arrival was informative and very useful. We would love to come back to Kyoto and stay again. Highly recommend!!
Patty - January 2017