1 sofa bed
Mai House is a lovely second floor renovated apartment in a traditional wooden Kyoto house located in a peaceful, upmarket neighborhood slightly south west of the Kyoto Imperial Palace and East of the UNESCO World Heritage listed Nijo castle.
The apartment, fitted with modern furnishings, has a separate bedroom with 2 comfortable single beds plus a large living room (with spare sofa bed), newly installed economic kitchen facilities and separated shower room and toilet.
The neighborhood is filled with classic traditional Kyoto houses as well as a wide number of cafes set up in beautiful traditional houses, which feel a world away from the busy streets of Tokyo and Osaka. Despite the quiet surroundings, 5 minutes by subway or taxi will get you to thousands of fantastic dining and drinking options and the nearest convenience store is a mere 3 minute walk from the house.
The house is a non-smoking property. We request the smokers do so down the street from the property.
Kyoto is a truly wonderful city full of culture and history. So much so, that it might be hard to know where to start. We highly recommend allocating at least 4-5 days to explore and enjoy the town, and even then you will be left wanting more!
- Comprehensive access and check-in details provided post-reservation
- All properties come with complimentary fixed wifi, portable wifi and Netflix
- A comprehensive manual will be provided to cover the use of all utilities, and also recommended sightseeing itineraries, convenient transportation and our favourite dining and drinking options
- The latter can be reserved via our complimentary reservations service to ease any language concerns
- Due to the wooden construction, no smoking is allowed on the premises.
- Check-in after 4pm
- Due to the residential nature of the neighborhood, considerate usage is requested such as keeping noise to a reasonable level in the evenings and when traveling to and from the property
- Other rules such as those to limit damage to the house are listed in the house manual
Access / Local Transportation
〒604-0002 Kyōto-fu, Kyōto-shi, Nakagyō-ku, Kagamiyachō 51 - 2nd floor
- 3.5 km to Kyoto JR Station (1000 yen by taxi)
- 350m to Marutamachi Subway Station (4 stops from JR Kyoto Station) and 1 stop (Karasumaoike) to the centre of Kyoto
- Nearest bus stop: 3 mins walk
- 5 mins by subway or taxi to hundreds of fantastic dining and drinking options
- Nearest convenience store is 3 mins walk
- Recommended method of enjoying the town is by foot or bicycle (nearest bicycle rental shop details available)
Highly recommended, hosts put a lot of effort into their stay.
You won't regret staying here!
Awesome! Roomy and top notch place. Stay here! Amazing accommodation. Clean, spacious, lots of little extras such as netflix and portable wifi. I would highly recommend this place. Also has a great location, close to a wonderful park and not far from main tourist areas. Subway station nearby.
Fantastic location!!! A few minutes walk from Marutamachi subway station (only several minutes train ride to Kyoto station). Kyoto Gosho (emperor palace), Ippodo Tea House and Manga museum are all walkable distance and could go to everywhere from the nearest bus stop! We three, enjoyed our stay!