1 sofa bed
Shinobi House is a spacious, newly renovated Japanese house located in a peaceful setting 200 metres from the classic Koryuji Temple, and a short walk from the Toei Movie Studio. The house is extremely convenient for exploring the popular Arashiyama district, which can be reached in 10 minutes by tram.
In keeping with the local movie studio feel, the house has been renovated with a Samurai and Ninja theme, and features multiple artistic pieces.
Shinobi House has two separated bedrooms on the second floor, each with two single beds. An additional spare sofa bed is available in a separated area. Downstairs is a comfortable dining/living area featuring a brand new modern kitchen, a bath/shower room and a separate toilet.
Kyoto is a truly wonderful city full of culture and history. So much so, that it might be hard to know where to start. We highly recommend allocating at least 4-5 days to explore and enjoy the town, and even then you will be left wanting more!
- Comprehensive access and check-in details provided post-reservation
- All properties come with complimentary fixed wifi, portable wifi and Netflix
- A comprehensive manual will be provided to cover the use of all utilities, and also recommended sightseeing itineraries, convenient transportation and our favourite dining and drinking options
- The latter can be reserved via our complimentary reservations service to ease any language concerns
- No smoking in the house (smoking is allowed on the balcony)
- May not be safe or suitable for small children
- Maximum 2 children under 12 years old, no infants under 4 (contact us for exceptions)
- Check-in after 4pm
- Other rules such as those to limit damage to the house are listed in the house manual
Access / Local Transportation
17-59 Uzumasa Katsuragaharacho, Ukyō-ku, Kyōto-shi, Kyōto-fu 616-8165
- 8km to Kyoto JR Station (2,500 yen by taxi)
- 9 mins walk to JR Uzumasa Station (5 stops from JR Kyoto Station)
- 3 mins walk to the nearest tram stram station
- 10 mins by tram to Arashiyama Station
- Recommended method of enjoying the town is by foot or bicycle (nearest bicycle rental shop details available)
Just perfect! It was the best stay for the wonderful Kyoto time. A very nice house, in japanese style, elegant, very clean, new and situated in a quiet and typical japanese district. The house is near the JR station, and there are a lot of possibilities to eat. Very friendly and helpfull staff. Thanks Ryan!
EUGEN, (DE) - August 2017
Fantastic home away from home. Spacious, immaculately clean, comfy beds, well-located. Communication was professional and prompt. No issues at all. Would recommend to all.
Sari - June 2017
I enjoyed my stay here. The place isn't central but it's traditional. You get to experience living like you're from Kyoto.
William - April 2017