1 sofa bed
This apartment is a newly renovated, modern Japanese apartment with a stylish minimalist design. Located in an upmarket area of Kyoto, it offers unparalleled access to transport in the city.
The apartment is 49 m² in total and features one separate bedroom, with the other bedroom being in a large combined space with the living room. The living room also features a large sofa bed for additional guest requirements plus a coffee table and other tasteful furniture.
Entertainment options include a Smart-TV with hundreds of English movies and television series options, plus a bluetooth home theatre subwoofer sound system to enjoy your favorite tunes streamed from your phone. A compact kitchen with complimentary condiments provides the convenience you are looking for during your stay.
The space is very comfortable for 3 persons, but has enough bedding for four. Nevertheless, we also highly recommend reservations for couples or solo travelers who would prefer a little breathing space - something which is not always available in Japan.The house has complimentary wireless internet and additional mobile pocket wifi, for maximum guest convenience.
The room features both fixed WiFi and a mobile wifi device to ensure high speed internet access in the room. You will also have the convenience of being connected as you travel around town, so you can plan your trip on the go!
You will have unencumbered private access to the entire apartment.
The apartment has a securitized door which lock at 11PM, limiting access to holders of a security pass (2 available for guest use). Security cameras are also placed within the premises, although Japan is one of the safest countries in the world so this is nothing more than precautionary.
Kyoto is a wonderful city, one of the world's greatest - full of culture and history. So much so, that it might be hard to know where to start! We highly recommend spending at least 4-5 days exploring the town - and even then you will be left wanting more!
A comprehensive information package will be provided post-booking, detailing access to the apartment and the use of utilities and also covering recommended itineraries, sites, convenient transportation and the best dining/drinking options.
- Comprehensive access and check-in details provided post-reservation
- All properties come with complimentary fixed wifi, portable wifi and Netflix
- A comprehensive manual will be provided to cover the use of all utilities, and also recommended sightseeing itineraries, convenient transportation and our favourite dining and drinking options
- The latter can be reserved via our complimentary reservations service to ease any language concerns
- No smoking is allowed in the premises, We request the smokers do on the balcony
- Considerate noise usage is requested in the evenings and when traveling to and from the property
- Other rules such as those to limit damage to the house are listed in the house manual
- Check-in can be made any time between 4 - 11PM. Please contact us before booking to discuss if you are unable to check-in before this time.
Access / Local Transportation
〒604-8221 Kyōto-fu, Kyōto-shi, Nakagyō-ku, Tenjinyamachō, 277 (Soho Building, Apt 1C)
- The apartment is located right in the centre of Central Kyoto in an upmarket exclusive area, minutes away from many hundreds of fantastic dining and drinking options. The nearest convenience store is 3 minutes walk from the apartment.
- Following booking, we will provide you with the details of our favourite restaurants and bars around town, and we also provide a complimentary reservation service to ease any language concerns. We personally know many of the restaurateurs and bar owners and will ensure you are well looked after during your time in temple town.
- The apartment is in one of the best possible locations for exploring Kyoto, in the absolute heart of Kyoto city. 5 minutes (450m) walk will get you to Shijo Subway Station which can be reached using the subway line from Kyoto JR Station (2 stops). The subway will also take you to Botanical Gardens, Imperial Palace, Fushimi.
- Located within the same complex is Karasuma Hankyu Stn., which is convenient for accessing Arashiyama or for day trips to Osaka or Kobe. 15 minutes walk will also take you to Gion Shijo Keihan Stn. (Fushimi, Kiyomizu Temple, Tofukuji, Kurama). Nevertheless, a taxi from JR Kyoto Station (around $10) remains a great option for access on arrival if you are with luggage.
- There are major bus stops at Shijo Karasuma intersection (5 minutes walk) which will help you to explore, although a fantastic way to get around the town would be on foot or bicycle, as public transportation in Kyoto is not as widespread as some other major cities in Japan. Details of the nearest bicycle rental shop (11 mins) will be provided post-booking.
- Note that the location of the apartment is far more convenient for enjoying Kyoto town than staying near the main JR Kyoto Station, which is quite far from the town proper and makes it very difficult to enjoy the town in the evenings. This is a common mistake for first time travelers to Kyoto and one that we hope you can avoid.
Great place to stay. The room was very clean and comfortable. I would recommend to anyone else looking to stay in Kyoto.
The apartment is very clean and modern, and perfect for a couple or for three people. It is situated very close to some wonderful restaurants, as well as two train stations. Kyoto station is also well within walking distance. We had a lovely time at the apartment; and any queries we had were responded to promptly. Thank you very much for having us! ありがとうございました！