1 sofa bed
This apartment is a newly renovated, modern Japanese apartment with a stylish minimalist design. Located in an upmarket area of Kyoto, it offers unparalleled access to transport in the city.
The apartment is 51 m² in total and features one separate bedroom, with the other bedroom being in a large combined space with the living room (separated by partition). The living room also features a large sofa bed for additional guest requirements plus a coffee table and other tasteful furniture.
Entertainment options include a Smart-TV with hundreds of English movies and television series options, plus a bluetooth home theatre subwoofer sound system to enjoy your favorite tunes streamed from your phone. A compact kitchen with complimentary condiments provides the convenience you are looking for during your stay.
The space is very comfortable for four persons, but has enough bedding for five. Nevertheless, we also highly recommend reservations for couples or solo travelers who would prefer a little breathing space - something which is not always available in Japan.
The room features both fixed WiFi and a mobile wifi device to ensure high speed internet access in the room. You will also have the convenience of being connected as you travel around town, so you can plan your trip on the go!
You will have unencumbered private access to the entire apartment.
The apartment has a securitized door which lock at 11PM, limiting access to holders of a security pass (2 available for guest use). Security cameras are also placed within the premises, although Japan is one of the safest countries in the world so this is nothing more than precautionary.
Kyoto is a truly wonderful city full of culture and history. So much so, that it might be hard to know where to start. We highly recommend allocating at least 4-5 days to explore and enjoy the town, and even then you will be left wanting more!
A comprehensive information package will be provided post-booking, detailing access to the apartment and the use of utilities and also covering recommended itineraries, sites, convenient transportation and the best dining/drinking options.
- Comprehensive access and check-in details provided post-reservation
- All properties come with complimentary fixed wifi, portable wifi and Netflix
- A comprehensive manual will be provided to cover the use of all utilities, and also recommended sightseeing itineraries, convenient transportation and our favourite dining and drinking options
- The latter can be reserved via our complimentary reservations service to ease any language concerns
- No smoking is allowed in the premises, We request the smokers do on the balcony
- Considerate noise usage is requested in the evenings and when traveling to and from the property
- Check-in can be made any time between 4-11PM. Please contact us before booking to discuss if you are unable to check-in before this time.
- Other rules such as those to limit damage to the house are listed in the house manual
Access / Local Transportation
〒604-8221 Kyōto-fu, Kyōto-shi, Nakagyō-ku, Tenjinyamachō, 277 (Soho Building, Apt 4B)
- The apartment is located right in the centre of Central Kyoto in an upmarket exclusive area, minutes away from many hundreds of fantastic dining and drinking options. The nearest convenience store is 3 minutes walk from the apartment.
- Following booking, we will provide you with the details of our favourite restaurants and bars around town, and we also provide a complimentary reservation service to ease any language concerns. We personally know many of the restaurateurs and bar owners and will ensure you are well looked after during your time in temple town.
- The apartment is in one of the best possible locations for exploring Kyoto, in the absolute heart of Kyoto city. 5 minutes (450m) walk will get you to Shijo Subway Station which can be reached using the subway line from Kyoto JR Station (2 stops). The subway will also take you to Botanical Gardens, Imperial Palace, Fushimi.
- Located within the same complex is Karasuma Hankyu Stn., which is convenient for accessing Arashiyama or for day trips to Osaka or Kobe. 15 minutes walk will also take you to Gion Shijo Keihan Stn. (Fushimi, Kiyomizu Temple, Tofukuji, Kurama). Nevertheless, a taxi from JR Kyoto Station (around $10) remains a great option for access on arrival if you are with luggage.
- There are major bus stops at Shijo Karasuma intersection (5 minutes walk) which will help you to explore, although a fantastic way to get around the town would be on foot or bicycle, as public transportation in Kyoto is not as widespread as some other major cities in Japan. Details of the nearest bicycle rental shop (11 mins) will be provided post-booking.
- Note that the location of the apartment is far more convenient for enjoying Kyoto town than staying near the main JR Kyoto Station, which is quite far from the town proper and makes it very difficult to enjoy the town in the evenings. This is a common mistake for first time travelers to Kyoto and one that we hope you can avoid.
Spacious, super clean, nice huge and thick towels, convenient to explore central Kyoto. Communication was smooth and always quick in response. Highly recommended.
It was perfectly located to enjoy everything Kyoto has to offer. The apartment felt spacious enough, and everything was as described. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again!
In short, this place was amazing. It was spacious, clean and everything it said on the advert. The location was not far from the station and was easy to figure out routes to and from the apartment. The host and the team provided some thorough information in the form of a PDF file before we got there and it was very detailed, which was extremely helpful. The in-house entertainment was by far one of the best. Netflix was provided and this was a great source entertainment. It is a very contemporary and stylish apartment and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking to stay in Kyoto. We would book this place again if we come back one day.